Services on existing buildings
Legalization of buildings
Legalization is a process in which your existing building becomes legal in accordance with the law of Republic of Croatia. Illegal building cannot be sold, registered in cadastre or land register, and you can be legally fined.
Buildings constructed before June 21, 2011 can be legalized if they meet the criteria, and if the application for legalization was submitted withing the legal deadline.
The process of legalization
- assessment of current situation
- filed survey
- completion of your request for legalization and finishing the process of registration
- obtainment of permit for legalization which completes the process
The registration is a process in which your building becomes registered in cadastre and land register.
The registration is mandatory under the Croatian law. The building has to be legalized before you can register it.
The process of registration
- collecting required documentation
- obtaining data from cadastre and land registry
- field survey
- drafting a surveyor study for registration
- submitting data to cadastre and land registry